Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thank you...

...Pensacola. You've been a very nice home for the past few months. The town might not be the biggest or the most exciting one there is but it was my home. Home is where your heart is and I think left a piece there.



I don't think anything is going to beat sunbathing at the beach, on the whitest sands or going out to the small bars where all the people are so friendly. You could have a conversation with anybody without being perceived as a weird person for talking to a stranger. I'm gonna miss Village West, my room but of course Toni's and Logan's place (the almighty D315) where we had most of our little parties. That's where I was introduced to the great game of Beer Pong. I'm even gonna miss the tiny pool where I tried to read the books for Sales Management but I usually ended up just relaxing and getting sunburned.

We could spend the whole day at the beach. We would go there around noon and stay there until the sun went down. Bunch of times there was tons of seaweed but it rarely stopped us from enjoying the salty waves. I even got stung by a jellyfish but now I think it's kinda cool :P

I'll miss Seville Quarters. It took me a really long time to even get there (because of one fatal night in the Swiss Mansion and that was caused by Juri's infamous vodka shots) but I ended up spending many of my Thursdays there. That's where I also spent last night.
I'll miss Fishhouse where I spent most of my Wednesdays. That's the place where I met a lot of people like Martin, Maurice and Joel. Even when it was packed or cold it still was fun. I'll also miss Hopjacks. There the music is awesome and beer is cheap.
There are no restaurants like McGuire's in Finland that is something I'm definitely gonna miss. We'd stuff our faces with pasta (or like some people, with Garbage burgers) and drink an Irish Wake. Like I did last night.

...Whataburger and other fast food places for all the drunken midnight trips and for making me fat.

...Destin for making me a brand whore.

...New Orleans for the wildest weekend I've had here. I had so much fun and it's gonna be one of the best memories I've gotten from the States.

...New York for being just so freakishly awesome! I'll miss Broome Street Bar and our waitress Lisa. I had a wonderful time even though my company got a little annoying the flight back to Pensacola. Maurice, remember, payback is a bitch.


...people. You're the reason why the past four months has been so great. Words can't even begin to describe how much I'll miss you. I know I'll see some of you again, but I'm just sad that it's not gonna be same again. Thank you Albin, Alexandra, Andi, Angel, AJ, Bas, Brandon, Carlos, Daniela, Derek, Eddie, Erik, Felipe, Geoffrey, Gwan, Jean, Joel, Jonna, Josecarlos, Josh, Julia, Juri, Justin, Kerri, Kirsi, Kristen, Laura, Liliana, Logan, Maciej, Madison, Marie, Mark, Martin S., Martin VDP., Maurice, Michaël, Michelle D., Michelle G., Nadine, Nick, Quentin, Ralph, Shay, Stefan, Tabea, Toni, Tori, Tyler, Urs, Veronica, Vi, Ville, Will and Yohann.
I'll miss you guys. I wish I could turn back time and live it all again.
I'm sorry for crying that much in the past two weeks, it's only because I care :)

If I forgot someone, I'm sorry.

2 comments: